Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Notetaking and Organizing Has Never Been This Fun

I just got a new laptop (an HP Pavilion) last Tuesday and I haven't finished fiddling around with it. I plan to make it my PC-away-from-home as I expect it should be, so I've basically setting it up for work-related stuff, although I've also installed some games like Fallout 3 and Dungeon Siege just because. I'll also be using it for my writings, that dream job I keep plugging at on the side.

Anyways, it came with Vista so it's also a new experience for me. Vista's almost just like XP anyway, but with a slightly better-looking interface, and a decidedly anti-game-installing bent (hahah).

One of the coolest applications that is installed right now on my new notebooks is Microsoft OneNote. I just fired it up earlier tonight and I'm still giddy with the awesome potential of this little program. It's included as part of the Microsoft Office 2007 suite, and it allows you to organize notes into electronic notebooks. The niftiness can be applied to everything: work, personal stuff, research, and, most of all, RPG campaign planning! It'd probably also be great for novel writing notes.

Over the course of the next few days, I suppose I'll be tinkering with it a bit more, entering RPG stuff and all.

That's it for now.